The soundboard of this hour glass mountain dulcimer is a nicely-grained piece of SASSAFRAS with moon and stars patterned sound holes. The rest of the instrument is black walnut.
There is a blemish at the bottom of the left side. I cut the side too narrow at this spot and inserted a filler strip about 1 ½ inch to fill the void. It did the job but doesn’t look pristine. For this reason I will reduce the price. I will be glad to answer and questions about the dulcimer. The sound is medium loud with a full, rich and balanced tone.
- Grover vertical geared tuners
- a 6-1/2 fret
- fretboard length is 26 1/2 inches
- total dimensions are 36″x7″x2″
This instrument includes:
- Instruction/ songbook
- Pick and noter
- A padded nylon case with accessory pocket and carrying strap
- Extra strings and an electronic tuner/pickup are available – see the accessories page