The sound board of this bowed psaltery is a totally clear piece of RED CEDAR with a dove sound hole. The back and sides are beautiful curly maple.
The sound is crisp, clear and medium loud.
The problem with this beauty is that a crack has developed from the tuning pins to about 2″ above the tip of the dove sound hole.
The crack is visible but does not affect the instrument in any way. If a visible crack doesn’t bother you, then this is a good bargain.
- Two octaves – G to G twice
- 24 Strings
- 18 inches long
This instrument includes:
- A very easy instruction/ song book
- Horse hair bow
- Tuning wrench
- A note chart that attaches alongside the strings showing the notes
- A quality padded nylon case with pocket and 2 carrying straps
- Extra strings, bows, horse hair, rosin and electronic tuner/pickup are available–see the accessories page