The soundboard of this soprano bowed psaltery is a richly hued RED CEDAR with a dove sound hole.
There is one flaw that causes no structural problem at all. It is a crack in the sound board extending from the bottom of the sound hole to the tuning pin. View the image to get a good look at the crack. If you have any questions please call me.
The sides and back are a pretty piece of ash.
The sound is very sweet and hauntingly beautiful. It is on the quieter side – just perfect for personal playing.
- Two octaves – G to G twice
- 24 Strings
- 18 inches long
This instrument includes:
- A very easy instruction/ song book
- Horse hair bow
- Tuning wrench
- A note chart that attaches alongside the strings showing the notes
- A quality padded nylon case with pocket and 2 carrying straps
- Extra strings, bows, horse hair, rosin and electronic tuner/pickup are available–see the accessories page