The soundboard of this SPALTED POPLAR hammered dulcimer is uniquely grained with many streaks of various sizes and color tone. This instrument is for the person who dances to a different drummer and wants something different.
The back is Baltic birch and the sides are maple with a few small worm holes of the right side.
The sound is pleasing, not too loud though it does have some overtones and sustain.
You will have an interesting instrument to look at while playing!
- Full 2 chromatic octaves (from G to G twice)
- Reasonable size (28x14x3 inches)
- Soundboards (vary by instrument): Baltic birch is 5 layers of Baltic birch. Cherry, Agathis, Mahogany and Oak tops are veneer over 1/4″ thick laminate. Western Red Cedar is 1/4″ thick solid wood.
- Backs: All backs are 13 layers of Baltic birch for strength and stability.
This instrument includes:
- An instruction/ song book
- A pair of hammers
- Tuning wrench
- Note charts
- A hard sided carrying case