The soundboard of this hammered dulcimer is a rich red MAHOGANY. The soundhole is an intricate celtic cross design. The sides are maple and the back is Baltic birch.
The sound is moderately loud, full, rich and balanced. The lower end is nicely mellow.
- Full 2 chromatic octaves (from G to G twice)
- Reasonable size (28x14x3 inches)
- Soundboards (vary by instrument): Baltic birch is 5 layers of Baltic birch. Cherry, Agathis, Mahogany and Oak tops are veneer over 1/4″ thick laminate. Western Red Cedar is 1/4″ thick solid wood.
- Backs: All backs are 13 layers of Baltic birch for strength and stability.
This instrument includes:
- An instruction/ song book
- A pair of hammers
- Tuning wrench
- Note charts
- A hard sided carrying case