This soundboard is constructed of strong and stable BALTIC BIRCH. The soundhole is an attractive wheat design. The sides are maple with some tiny holes scattered throughout. The holes cause no structural problems.
The sound is very alive, distinct and appealing. Its tone is full, clean and moderately loud. There is also some sustain.
- Full 2 chromatic octaves (from G to G twice)
- Reasonable size (28x14x3 inches)
- Soundboards (vary by instrument): Baltic birch is 5 layers of Baltic birch. Cherry, Agathis, Mahogany and Oak tops are veneer over 1/4″ thick laminate. Western Red Cedar is 1/4″ thick solid wood.
- Backs: All backs are 13 layers of Baltic birch for strength and stability.
This instrument includes:
- An instruction/ song book
- A pair of hammers
- Tuning wrench
- Note charts
- A hard sided carrying case