This dulcimer is constructed from several exotic and native woods. The soundboard is WESTERN RED CEDAR from the northwest. The fretboard is american maple from this region and has a very interesting grain and blends in well with the soundboard. The sides are light red mahogany and the back is an unknown wood though both come from Indonesia. The end blocks are padauk which comes from Africa.
This is truly an international blending of woods making for a one of a kind dulcimer.
The sound is quite loud (for a dulcimer) rich and full.
- Grover vertical geared tuners
- a 6-1/2 fret
- fretboard length is 26 1/2 inches
- total dimensions are 36″x7″x2″
This instrument includes:
- Instruction/ songbook
- Pick and noter
- A padded nylon case with accessory pocket and carrying strap
- Extra strings and an electronic tuner/pickup are available – see the accessories page