This dulcimer is constructed entirely of AMERICAN CHESTNUT harvested from a school in Jefferson, NC that was demolished circa late 1900’s. There are some characteristic tiny worm holes, mostly on the top, causing no problems only exhibiting a historic symbol of why american chestnut came to be called wormy chestnut.
The sound is clear, crisp and clean. All this comes in a medium loud pleasing voice.
- Grover vertical geared tuners
- a 6-1/2 fret
- fretboard length is 26 1/2 inches
- total dimensions are 36″x7″x2″
This instrument includes:
- Instruction/ songbook
- Pick and noter
- A padded nylon case with accessory pocket and carrying strap
- Extra strings and an electronic tuner/pickup are available – see the accessories page